Friday, January 13, 2006

The adventure begins!

Over 2 years ago, I created a surpremely handsome elvaan on Shiva Server named Arislan. It was no small accomplishment considering that it was my first foray into the murky waters of online gaming, and I was completely unprepared for what was in store for me on FFXI. I had thought the game would be more or less your run of the mill Final Fantasy game with some chatting involved, but I did not anticipate that it would really fascinate me to the level that it has and capture my imagination and attention for so long. What started as just an innocent diversion has become something more of an unhealthy obsession, but in the end it's been fun to meet new friends and experience new things along the way.

So this character, Arislan, has been 'alive' for over two years and a great deal has happened to him during this time. And it is sad that I have neglected to attempt to begin a chronicle of his existence until today, for I am sure that when they put the servers to sleep and the friends I've made have long since departed, I will have had little more than a few screenshots to remember them by. So to avoid this, I've started this journal for my poor friend Arislan. I hope to write any significant future happenings here, as well as maybe take the time to make some historical entries as well for posterity. In the end, I hope this will serve as a fun scrapbook of my time on FFXI for my dear friends and I to enjoy. ^^

So it is from this entry that our story begins... as life on Vana'diel for Arislan continues.

8 Rave Reviews:

At 9:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arislan00b totally sucks!!!

-Tilanna

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LJ > Blogspot

-Itho

 
At 6:49 PM, Blogger Arislan said...

Til sucksss! /slap

 
At 9:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We want MORE STORIES :-)

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Arislan said...

I'm working on it!! ^^

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Arislan said...

/poke Itho

you have LJ account? link!

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

O.o
o.O
O.O
o.o
huzzah for useless spam ;P
great story so far Ari

-Asran

p.s. you forgot me /cry
j/k

 
At 11:21 AM, Blogger Arislan said...

/comfort Asran

You'll be in here somewhere, no doubt about that! *^_^*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home