Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Taking the Us out of Limbus

Well since nobody but me decided to show up to Limbusters Wednesday Limbus today, I said what the hell and geared up the old BLM to try my hand at solo'ing Temenos East.

I set my expectations pretty low, considering how much trouble Limbusters had as a group with avatars popping out of chests and picking the right armoury crates, I figured if I could just get 1 coin I'll have made a profit and it would have all been worth it.

After a quick 4-spell drubbing of the card-carrying flower, I tentatively stepped up to the portal mechanism, sent up a little prayer of hope, and a short humming noise later I was inside Temenos East. Just past the first doorway I spied the first Fire Elemental sitting quietly in the middle of the room, looking rather sinister. Rolling up my sleeves and practically going cross-eyed from focus, I readied my sneak attack...


Thunder IV 680 (50% resist, how wonderful)
Aspir
Sleep
Water IV 520 (hmmm, maybe they resist everything 50%...)
Sleep II


After about 10x of the above cycle without a hint of danger, it was dead. Lucky for me it dropped the 1st of 2 item crates. I repeated everything again on the elemental in the adjoining chamber. The second item crate! My my, looked like my lucky star was up today.

Well, now was the true moment of truth.

The classic Temenos East dilemma -- coins and items or a big mean avatar ready to Astral Flow your face. You can pick either chest, and if you get the avatar you have to kill it to grab the real item chest. And since I was flying solo with 5minutes left to go, I think killing the avatar was going to be out of the question...

I did a /random in front of each chest and relinquished all decision making (and thus any possible regrets) to the game. Once the randoming was done, I braced myself for the fiery inferno that was sure to come...

*chime!*

I wince, open one eye... no fire... I check my hands and feet to see if they're missing any fingers or toes, they're all there... I blink a couple of times before the following comes up in the chat window:



/jawdrop ^^

1 Rave Reviews:

At 11:21 AM, Blogger Verohawke said...

Wohooo Congratulations !
Today was the first time I did East myself :-) Coins coins coins ! XD

 

Post a Comment

<< Home